Tuesday, March 29, 2022

YES!

Monday Evening: What the f…? We wee gone a few hours today. When we returned there were 5 sheets of Sheetrock neatly on their side with a paint canvas covering them. By canvas I don’t mean an artist canvas. I mean a canvas on the floor when you paint. We are afraid they might finish the job the Sheetrock is for. Tuesday Morning: Mystery solved! The Sheetrock belonged next door. A man drove into the people across the street’s driveway and looked around. I walked over and asked him was he looking for Sheetrock, he said yes. I asked him was he going to do some remodeling. He said yes. After a few other questions I decided the only English word he knew was “Yes.” I pointed two the Sheetrock in my carport and he nodded. I walked back home,opened the door and then I noticed he was coming in with me. I pointedly told him it was not our house but the people across the street. He took his phone out, dialed a number, said a few Latino words and handed me the phone. A lady with an accent asked was my name the name of the people across the street. Then I gave him his phone back and he got to work moving the stuff across the street. Alls well,, that ends well. A little unrelated sidenote: On my walk this morning another neighbor drove by and stropped at the stop sign, rolled down his window and asked what was new. I told him about the sheetrock episode. He listened making comments anow while his big truck rumbled and rumbled. The truck rumbled itself out of gas!

No comments: