Friday, March 11, 2022

Was Elvis On The Prowl?

The white house’s back yard is adjacent to our side yard. It is a nice house. I think for whatever reason, maybe different reasons, it has had a larger than averages owners over the years; about two to ten years maybe. Each family made a change to the house. One put in a abovegroundpool, another family removed irt. The first occupants that we knew in the house was a family of 4. A mom, pop, and 2 kids, probably preteen. The father owned a business and was rarely there. The mother sunbathed on the deck a lot. The mother told some of the neighboring kids that at Echols’ Drugstore at the pharmacy counter Elvis Presley (yes, already dead0 waked up to her and said something like, “Hello Good Lookin!, where have you been all my life? I’m coming to get you in my Cadillac “. She was elated and told everyone. A couple days after that she died. And she was not discovered for a couple of days after that. Or discovered dead. They might have thought she was just asleep again. If I remember correctly the autopsy said she overdosed on prescribed drugs. And when I heard Elvis and the Cadillac story I vaguely remembered an odd-colored was a Cadilac slowly cruising the neighborhood about that time. True. Then years, 2 or 3 families later, the wife said it appeared that a female ghost was flirting with her husband. I think the worse she did was throw a rat in the man’s face. Did Elvis get tired of her? The family that just moved out has 4 kids. Four very active high energy kids, probably ages about oldest about 9, then stairstep down. 4 boys and 1 girl. The kids I think loved highly competitive sports. They were always hollowing highly competitive sports stuff. They also all had some fore of wheels, like bikes, skateboards, and whatever. They were full high energy. On my walk this morning I walked by the front of the house they moved out of. In the front yard nothing was left but a basketball goal on a pole and a skateboard. No chatter noise or anything. Sad.

No comments: