Wednesday, March 02, 2022

The Lady, or the Tiger? Or the Phone

 



This morning my cell phone, Anna’s cell phone, and our house phone all ranged at the same time. 

They all wanted immediate attention.   Usually Anna answers all incoming calls but she wasn’t around.

It immediately reminded me of the story THE LADY, OR THE TIGER?, written by Frank R. Stockton in1882.

I had to look up who wrote it and when it was published but I think I have a general idea what it is about.  In gladiator fashion, a person has two doors to select from, one is a hot babe and he other is a hungry tiger.  I

I remember the jest of the story by reading the story’s lampoon version in EC’s PANIC Comicbook story illustrated by my hero Will Elder. 

So, which of the 3 phones?  Mine of course. 

It was the IRS or Social Security, so they said.  They said they found an error in an audit, I owe them a lot of money…. Click! (I took care of the Tiger).

The second phone, Anna’s phone, hung up before I got to it.

The 3rd phone, the home phone, was technical stuff about a new air conditioner we are buying.  No lady, or That’s No Lady, that’s my AC information!



No comments: