Thursday, June 17, 2021

Tit for Tat

 


I remember many years ago the Vietnam Talks had a hard time starting because of the seating arrangements at the big conference table, like who would sit where. If I remember correctly, everybody wanted to sit at the head of the table.
The problem was solved by bringing in a big around table.
Now, we have a serious meeting between President Biden and President Putin. I’m sure pre-talks rules were held by underlings to keep every equal but respectful for each.
I just saw a live picture of the two presidents standing side by side before their serious meeting was to start.
I noticed that Biden is taller than Putin. Opps!
Evidently the USSR underling did not notice that.
Height represents superiority.
I think if their heights were caught, they would have Putin stand on a stepstool and the camera people would be instructed only to photograph the two leaders from the chest up. Problem solved.

No comments: