Monday, June 14, 2021

My Aunt Lela Octavia "Tade" Tyson Carr

 


My grandmother Hunter’s sister is/was Lela Octavia “Tade” Tyson Carr (1888-1957).  She married E.J. Carr 4 December 1948) and that is all we know about E.J. Carr, his name..  Oh yes, we also know he was buried at Mars Hill Babtist Church Cemetery, Acworth, Georgia.

In my preteen years, too young for driver’s license, I used to go to Acworth Beach somehow, and afterwards, walk about three blocks away, to Tade’s house and call Daddy to come and pick me up.  I remember she next door to a school.  About two streets south of Main Street.  So, I waited on Daddy and Aunt Tade would pump me of questions.

Here are some pictures to slide Aunt Tade through time.  Tade as a young teenager; Tade with a car; Tade at the Confederate Memorial in Marietta’s Confederate Cemetery; And Tade with her sister Annie  Tyson Crowder on her right, as she looks judgmentally on her sister Minnie Tyson Hunter (my grandmother) on her right..








No comments: