Wednesday, June 30, 2021

12 Feet Over the 6 Feet Under

 

A few years ago we carried son Adam to the airport. On the way back home we went a- round-about way to get some sight seeing in. We saw the restaurant Six Feet Under that we heard a lot about. It was on Memorial Drive. Across the street is the famous Oakland Cemetery.

I think we instantly decided to eat at 6’ Under. We did and the food was delicious. I still remember I had some kind of fish soup which was in a class by itself. After we ate and paid we saw a set of stairs going up to the rooftop The décor was so outstanding on ground level I was curious what would be on top.

We walked the stairs up and went out. There were plenty of tables and chairs. But décor wise, the ground floor wins. The best thing about being on top of the Sic Feet Under Restaurant, which I suppose was the Twenty-fove Feet Up, was the panoramic view of Oakland Cemetery.

We saw it and now it was time to leave.

I opened the door the door we came through. It was locked..

We banged and banged on the door and got no response. We could not get them on the phone, I forgot why. I forgot if they couldn’t hear the phone ring or we couldn’t find their number.

We called our other son, Rocky who lived around the corner with his wife, and he saved the day.

I forgot how he saved the day. Did he rush over there or called them and got them where we couldn’t?

Picture of Oakland Cemetery from the top of Six Feet Under Restaurant.

 

 

 


No comments: