Tuesday, May 03, 2011

More Fries & Rings For Your Buck


We were in the area yesterday of a fairly well known place known for its quality fat juicy hamburgers, so decided to have an early dinner there.

There were just a few cars in the parking lot, hardly enough for the staff.

We went in and saw two mangers, who carried themselves like young executives; a lady behind the counter at the cash register; a cook behind her; and one customer.

We both ordered burgers that came with fries. After we ordered and walked off I did an about-face and asked the cashier could I have onion rings instead of fries, she said, “No problem!”

As we walked away I heard the cook fussing and the cashier fussing at him.

The two managers walked by and greeted us.

Our little vibrating machine went off flashing red lights like an ambulance. Our orders were ready, at the counter. Such formalities for only 3 customers in the building!

The cashier asked if we wanted more fries, free. We said something like, “Don’t mind if we do”. Our platter trays were covered with big thick spicy fries and onion rings.

Each manager walked by separately, and asked us how is the food. Good we said both time. By the time the second manager came by when I said “Good” my heart wasn’t in it, I was feeling stuffed.

I think the cook probably already started the fries when I suddenly changed to Onion Rings…. But why so many onion rings? And because we were the only customers it was unlikely the 2nd order of french fries could be passed to the next orders.

That was at 5pm.

No comments: