Thursday, May 26, 2011

Click!


Above is a Google Earth satellite photo of Marietta Museum of History, Aviation Section, probably taken over a year ago. I think there are more planes there now.

At several Marietta Museum of History lectures, CEO Dan Cox has given reports of the progress of the Aviation section. They have gained a bunch of planes and have been promised more.

Mr Cox said the museum does not own any of the planes, they are on loan from the various agencies.

Mr Cox said the museum does not own any of the planes, they are on loan from the various agencies.

Earlier today I was in the area and decided to drive up close to the fence, get out, and take some pictures of the present aviation inventory. Just as I started clicking I heard a car behind me. I turned around. A man in civilian clothes sitting in a red convertible was looking at me.


“Sir, you are not allowed to take pictures in this facility!”

I said something like, “This is part of the Marietta Museum.”

“Sir, you are not allowed to take pictures in this facility!”

Well, it is on the property of Dobbins AFB and Lockheed. And besides, I didn’t know if I was trying to reason with a machine or an asshole.