Thursday, May 05, 2011

Cinco de Brandi's


There is an ad in the paper of a special this week for a few days at a fairly new restaurant, for chilidogs for 99 cents each. I think the special is contrived to squash Brandi’s World Famous Hotdogs, which is just down the street.

That is a shame because Brandi had nothing but good things to say about this restaurant when they first opened.

However, the restaurant is large. You could probably fit the whole Brandi’s building into the new restaurant’s dining area and have room to spare. I noticed all my life the bigger a company gets the more bigger it wants to get. The only way they think they can get bigger is to stomp and eliminate the competition. Greed. Pure greed. Tch tch.

I haven’t been to Brandi’s in several months and felt I should go this week to show a little support.

I arrived before 10:30am. The parking lot was full and all the tables were taken by middle aged men. They all had their heads down and a man was praying aloud.

I wondered if I should bow my head too. After looking around and seeing one man at the counter eating a hotdog and reading a newspaper and Brandi and her friend tending to the business behind the counter, I quickly decided not to bow my head, I was not part of them. I didn't want to look like a fool.

Then, the man said “Amen.” And they all together started singing the National Anthem. I took off my ball cap and put it over my heart. A man singing smiled at me and nodded.

The food I ordered was to go. I had work to do around the house and was in a slight hurry to get back.

I asked Brandi who are they (speaking of the group) and she said it was a chef club that meets there on certain days.

“Good for them!” I said.

What a good endorsement for Brandi, to have Chefs meet under her roof and eat her hotdogs instead of up the street. Chefs!

No comments: