Monday, August 16, 2010

You Will Be Missed (like a headache)


Do you sometimes feel that if you should leave your company the whole organization will crumble? You feel strongly you will be sorely miss and you will create a vacuum when you leave – right?

I know the feeling.

When I left the Atlanta Post Office I felt the whole Atlanta Postal Pay system would go to hell in a hand basket.

Guess what? People kept getting paid.

And when I retired from the Marietta Post Office I wondered who would fill in the vacant spot I created – but once I left, I could care less.

And guess what? People in Marietta got their mail without interruption

3 comments:

kenju said...

It always surprises us that life goes on, doesn't it? LOL

Unknown said...

The NAME of your blog itself renders it worthy! I'm now following you...

Eddie said...

Judy,
Life, as a collective force, just keeps rolling, whether we jump off or not.

Larry, Thank you! Does that mean I have to perform now? Just kidding. I followed you upstream, so to speak, and you have a very interesting blog that I would like to spend more time looking at, when I'm not on the way to the hospital.