Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday Morning Coffee

Good Morning.

Many people at work and on the phone this morning will tell about their Mother's Day experience. So, let me be part of that the mass.

We celebrated Mother's Day at Vincent's Italian Restaurant. We picked up Marie, Anna's mother, and met our two sons, and my two sisters there. The food was good and Italian with Italian music playing in the background.

The table next two ours was a Marietta Policeman in his uniform, with his wife and either his parents or his in-laws. I said I this reminds me too much of the Godfather. I hope nobody excuses himself and goes to the men's restroom - maybe we should ask for another table, nearer the window.

Then, after lunch and the boys gave their mother day presents to their mother and grandmother, we took Marie home and I fixed her 4 prong walking stick. A rubber tip of one of the prongs was wearing out, because Marie puts more pressure on that particular prong each time. So, I swapped it with the one with less wear. Here, zoom in on my face with me tapping the side of my temple with my finger.

After that we went home and Anna packed and got ready for her trip. This morning, about now, she is flying out of the Atlanta Airport going to Moline, Illinois, and her final destination, is Rock Island, Illinois, on the Mississippi River. She will be flying back Wednesday.

So, the next two nights I will be home alone. Maybe two burglars will break in the house and I will come up with all kinds of booby traps and tricks to foul the buglers up - and in just a short time they will be begging to be taken to jail. Hey! That would be a neat plot for a movie! We could call it "Home Alone 4".

This morning I walked on the treadmill 45 minutes, then after that went outside and ran two miles. Last Tuesday I had a slippance while running which put a strain on my ankle, so I took it easy since today. I'm happy to report all body parts seem to be working.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your guns loaded big man.

I'm sure you will come up with some great posts in her absence.

kenju said...

Be careful, Eddie, you won't have her around for protection!