Wednesday, May 10, 2006

LOL

Sometimes as a reply I get LOL.

I often wondered what LOL meant. Lots of Luck? Possibly, because the LOL would sometimes come after I expressed a complex situation (complex to me).

Lots of Laughter? Well, maybe, but I associate "Lots of Laughter with a smiley face, too generic.

Lots of Love? I doubt it, people just don't flit around like Tinkerbell sprinkling love dust on people... hmmfff! It is just not done.

Then, I watched last night's LAW & ORDER, SVU. The good guys were trying to catch a child sex abuser on an Internet chat room and the detective would say aloud what he was typing, when he typed LOL he said, "Laughing Out Loud."

Then suddenly, it all made sense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol

Eddie said...

LOL looks like something the Polynesians would wish you and they sing and sway their grass skirts and play the ukuleles.