Monday, July 01, 2024

Uncle Roy Jerked My Pants Off

 



This is my uncle Roy Petty, my mother’s brother. The other picture is a wallet he made for me while in the Army. Look closely and you can see my name on it. He was on Normandy Beach on D-Day, June 6, 1944. Because of that his actions are described  in THE LONGEST DAY and RUDDERS' RANGERS. And during D Day ceremonies of yesteryear he was asked annually to stand up in the audience of the Ed Sullivan Show.

When Roy visited us after the War he and I got along great. He kidded me a lot. Once in front of our house he was trying to talk to his siblings and I was aggravating him for laughs. Then suddenly grabbed me and yanked off my shorts and threw them on top or the house. I was butt naked. I ran into the house embarrassed. That ended the aggravation for that day.
2

No comments: