Tuesday, July 09, 2024

OOOPPS!


 

In about a week I will be 83 years old, if I am still around.  The reason I say that is that I fell down the basement stairs this morning.  It is not as bad as I made it sound.  Actually, I was only 2 or 3 steps from the bottom. 

I had my mind on something else and either tripped on my own legs or put my weight on a pole that wasn’t there and swing around and land on the cement floor.

Opps!

If I had blue and red sweats on one might think, “There goes Spiderman swinging in our basement”.

I swung and landed.  POW!  It felt like 500 pounds of concrete hit me.

I am surprised no bones were broken.  They say the elderly have brittle bones.  I think they meant skinny elderly people.  Evidently, I had enough meat to absorb my fall.

I took a short walk outside.  Everything seems to be ticking OK.

No comments: