Saturday, May 20, 2023

To Be Trivia or Not Be Trivia

We picked up our lunches at a BBQ restaurant the other day. Near the window that orders are placed was a sign saying every Thursday night was Trivia Night! Below the large letters were smaller letters giving details which I did not read. I suppose it gave the rules, costs (if any), prizes to be awarded and so on. I briefly considered it. JEOPARDY! is a weekday TV show full of trivia. We do not miss a show. I have a couple of trivia on-line sites I visit regularly, and a couple of trivia card games I play, like playing Solitary. I am not perfect playing trivia, but I am not that bad either. However, I am not the competitive type, so I nixed the idea of playing in a trivia match. With that solved, as a joke, poking fun of myself I imagined what if I signed up and my ego took it seriously and on Trivia Night I come wearing silk cape, a king crown, and a huge belt buckle like champion wrestlers wear? That would be intimidating!

No comments: