Friday, May 26, 2023

Flyovers

SPEAKING OF "FLY OVERS": In the Navy I was in HU-4 (Helicopter Utility Squadron 4). The squadron had about 300 men. It supplied air service to non-aviation ships. The pilots of the squadron, when not detailed to a cruise had to practice their flying skills almost daily. I think each had to log in something like 50 hours flight of flight training a month. HU-4 was at NAS Lakehurst, NJ. Lakehurst was about 14 miles from the Atlantic and I think about 40 miles from Atlantic City. Also, Cape May was close enough. Cape May had then a nudist colony, I do not know if it is still there or not. Our division officer told us he often flew over the nudist colony on his logging.... "Fly Overs". The picture is me in one of he Squadron's Bell Helicopters pretending I'm having a "fly Over'.

No comments: