Monday, March 13, 2023

Profitable to sit next to Jimmy Pat

Another interesting thing about Doctor Scott’s lecture on recording interviews. He told an interview might take up a lot of space like the interviewee using “you know” a lots. So, one should tastefully remove some useless words that doesn’t change the interview. Here is the bombshell: He said, “Jimmy Presley was a big help editing. Yes, THE Jimmy Presley.” I counted about 15 people there. I think most were not natives of Marietta, I heard about 4 or 5 take deep breaths when the words “Jimmy Presley” were spoken. And with double deeper breaths and maybe even a cough or two when the doctor said, “The Jimmy Presley”. I had the urge to say, “You mean the late Jimmy Pat Presley? The one who was sent to military school in Barnesville and with burning mattresses burned the dorm down?” “You mean the late Jimmy Pat Presley who was caught by my uncle crawling in their front yard with a knife to stab their dog?” “You mean, The late Jimmy Pat Presley, who when called to the office on the PA system in school he had to unload his pockets of stuff he shoplifted at Dupre’s that moning?” I could go on and on and on.

No comments: