Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Cursing Lady Preacher

I posted this Facebook several years ago. Yesterday on my space here I told about a female minister that told the children of her congregation she was giving up cursing. I suggested to the person that told me about it that maybe she was joking. The person instantly wrote back saying she wasn’t joking. She has a reputation of living a wild life in her youth and still lets the curse words fly. Their church has a low sermon attendance. Anything over 50 is good. Maybe beyond good. I am always intrigued by any woman who flings around curse words around people they don’t know very well. Maybe intrigued is the wrong word. Maybe “interesting” is a better word. But, me, not a church-goer, would go out of way, to hear a woman preacher that laces curse words in her sermon. Maybe to build their attendance she should put on their message board something like, “Come inside and hear a woman preacher preach the gospel; translated into cussing”. I bet there would be standing room only.

No comments: