Friday, February 17, 2023

Saw Tina Turner in concert, spilled beer

Not long after we were married, probably in 1968 we went to the annual Atlanta Jazz concert at the Ted Field (Atlanta Braves). A lot of top names were therfe. The one I wanted to see mostly was Tina Turner. We went with Pat and her boy friend Allen. I had recenty saw Ike and Tina Turner play live at the Royal Peacock, and then she was at a reachable distance. I was still dazzled by Tinas hyper musical show. Ike and Tina Review was about the 3rd that night. As they ran out on stage I jumped up and started filming. What I forgot was that I was holding a containe of beer between my knees. The bee quickly tilted and it spilled all over the young lady in front of us. The beer drenched lady and her male companion jumped up. He reached for his pocket. Allen reached for his pocket. Anna reached for her pocket with tissues and paper towels. And cash money to pay for th lady's drycleanin and hair. All's well that ends well.

No comments: