Friday, January 27, 2023

Tax Season and the Mail.

Today, aster the mail carrier put mail in our mailbox I started walking up the driveway to retrieve it. Before I took a few steps the carrier put his vehicle in reverse and backed up and put another piece of mail in our mailbox and then sped off to our neighbors’ mailbox. That reminded of the time about a year or so ago I received my neighbor’s water bill. Mistakes do happen. So, I decided to deliver his water mill myself by just putting it in his mailbox. I opened his mailbox and it was almost full. It looked as if he had not picked up his mail in weeks. I hand delivered the bill. He looked surprised. I wondered if other people did that, not check their mail as often as I do? Walking back, I notice the people that live directly across the street their mailbox did not have a door on it, and theirs too was almost full. People can handle their mail anyway they choose, it’s theirs. But, because they do what they do, makes we wonder if some of our mail are in their piles? Since it is getting close to tax season I am getting concerned.

No comments: