Saturday, January 28, 2023

Monitor Radio Back In The Day

We were working in the house this afternoon and I found it hard to find an interesting radio station. Finally we played a Tuba Skinny CD that Anna gave me for Christmas. I was thinking years ago when NBC's Monitor was on the radio all weekend, every weekend. It had a some news, some interviews, a wide variety of music, and last but not least doses of BOB AND RAY all through the weekend. Monitor would be ideal to have in the background as you work on a project.... half way listening to and not intrusive enough to take away your focus. But it is gone forever, darn it. (This part was later added) About 1966 our annual Navy Reserve Training we went to Norfolk, Virgina. On the weekend I went to Harrisbut, Pa, to meet up with ex-Navy friends Dick Day and Donald Lash. I got there about a day before Don, so I sat with Dick during his one-man radio show and Monitor show. Monitor was broadcast nationally but transmitted on local NBC station. Dick and I talked between Monitor's excerpts. I wondered if Dick had pressed the wrong buttons and people were llistening to us from coast to coast. Nah, no such luck darn it.

No comments: