Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Being Invisible Good Moment

In the Witcher Street Medical Building we were in the parking deck elevator when my ex cardiologist stepped in. He said something pleasant and concentrated on punching buttons on his smart phone until the floor he requested came, then the doors opened and he stepped out. I said to Anna, "Did you recognize the guy who just stepped out of here?" "Yes!" The doctor was the one on duty when I had my heart attack in 2004. He had me taken to Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta and he put in several stents. Several months later he went back in and replaced a stent that collapsed. Then Wellstar Kennestone was not authorized to do heart operations. But now they are. Before the year was out he wanted to open heart surgery on me. He led me to believe I wouldn't have long to live if he did not operate. He wanted to open up my chest like a suitcase and start pulling and cutting things. I told him I wanted to get a second opinion. I think he felt insulted. I know he was a little huffy over me getting a second opinion. He said he didn't have to prove anything to anyone. Well, the second opinion said I did not need open heart surgery, and look! That was almost 10 years ago. We changed doctors and haven't seen him since until today. Luckily, being invisible he didn't notice us, so there were no unpleasant verbal confrontations. Haw Haw Haw!

No comments: