Saturday, July 02, 2022

Time after Time.

Lately, I have been most of my book reading on my Kendal gadget. Most of the time I just read the book from the beginning to the end. But due to goo salesmanship of Kendall I now have 3 or 4 books backed up ready to read. To be more mindful where I am in a book I keep up with the little statistics that is provided at the bottom of each page. The statistics provided can be confusing. I think as you read a page the Kendall times you and calculates when you should be finished with the book. This really happened: One day when I started reading it told me I had something like 15 hours and 48 minutes to read. After it told me that I had plenty of interruptions, and with my short attention span brain it took me much more time reading than normal. It told me on the next page turn that I had 16 hours and 10 minutes to go. So my time to go increased about 22 minutes. And not long after that it happened again. It this keeps up I will find myself in the historical past or the future, I cannot figure out which. I’m confused!

No comments: