Tuesday, July 12, 2022

My Runaway Tricycle

I'm glad you asked. See the 3 buildings up the hill? They are on Atlanta Street. When I was a kid, about 4 or 5, the building on the left was Sears & Roebuck. I think the middle one was Marietta Provision Co, and the right one was an Western Auto, all on the back side. When I got a tricycle I discovered it was easier not to pedal and depend on gravity when I could. See the narrow drive between the two buildings directly in front of you? Well, I reasoned, on my tricycle, from that point, if I, with my feet, give my self a push as a send off, I would have a blast coasting down the hill. I certainly did. I did not know any physics laws about gravity, that I would increase in speed as I went down. At a high rate of speed I went, and I took this picture recently, from about the point of contact that a car doing Waddell Street hit me. It knocked me out and I was unconscious for hours. When I woke up, on our couch, on block away, all the neighbor women were gathered around. They thought I was a goner and they were giving me a proper send-off. By the way, the day I took this picture we stopped and had a beer at what was the Sears & Robuck store, which now is Glove Park Brewery. Not bad.

No comments: