Sunday, January 09, 2022

Venus on the HALF-SHELL by Kilgoe Trout (no such person)?

OK, Kurt Vonnegut fans. If you are big fans of Kurt Vonnegut you have studied a lot of writings and asked yourself a lot of question. Here is one I have: As you know in a few of his books there is a fictional science fiction writer named Kilgore Trout. To supplement his income he is over a some young newspapers deliverers. Kilgore has to browbeat and threaten his paperboys not to quit on him. When I was about 13 years old I had the same kind of boss when I delivered the Atlanta Journal. Wait! I wondered off. Over 20 years ago I bought VENUS ON THE HALF-SHELL by Kilgore Trout. It is solid paperback book 204 pages. But Kilgore Trout is a fictionalized character. I haven’t read it yet. I hate to wait another 20 years. Does anybody know who really wrote this book?

No comments: