Sunday, January 30, 2022

Give PRESERVATION HALL a Helping hand: clapping and donartion

This morning on CBS SUNDAY MORNING NEWSHOW They had a report on the PRESERVATION HALL in New Orleans. My mini -Google research tells me it was formed shortly after 1961. Well, I can vouch that is true. I visited it in 1965, and it was after 1961. I I have visited this at least two times, maybe three times over the years. Their music is devoted to keep Dixieland/New Orleans’ Blues alive. I think they primary monetary base is from donations. They do not over extend themselves on decoration and furniture. The few times I was there we sat on church pews. They do sell their music and other souvenirs. When you are in the Crescent City do yourself and them a favor and visit one of their live concers.

No comments: