Monday, January 17, 2022

Memories are made of this

We ate at Bubba-Q tonight. All were spellbound looking at the TV watching the Ga-Ala game. People were screaming in terror or screaming in terror. I never have been a big sports fan but admire people who are. It is just too much for me to keep up with. It reminds me of a time about a dozen years ago i was showing an out of state guest the mountains in north Georgia. Near Blairsville at a country store a young man, who worked there, came up to me asking what old so and so was going to do about the defense (or was it offense?). "What in the world is he talking about?" I wondered to myself. Then I remembered the big G on the front of my ballcap. I faked my answers being very vague and general. He said I changed his mind, he could see my point of view and he never looked at it that way before. What point of view? Maybe he knew even less than I did and was faking it too.

No comments: