Sunday, January 16, 2022

Squabble Behind the Photo Counter (taken from my files)

This evening I went to a discount drugstore to buy some Christmas lights. I got my lights and stood in line at the cash register. A young lady in the photo section announced she could take some of the people checking out over at her counter. A couple of people went over and I did also, behind them. After all, they were in the other line ahead of me, I allowed them the same privilege. I didn't pay much attention to the cashier until she waited on the lady in front of me. She was all smiles, with a mouth full of teeth , some would say. When it came my time the man working behind her turned around and reminded her something she should do. She snapped at him, saying to leave her alone, she said he makes her nervous. Then she turned back around to me, all smiles so pleasantly. The man working behind her said he just wanted to remind her if anybody wanted 8 by 10's ... he didn't get to finish his sentence. She snapped at him again, saying she was waiting on a customer, for him to leave her alone! She turned around to me, all smiles, and finished my transaction, with the man standing behind her watching her to making sure she did it right.

No comments: