Friday, August 06, 2021

Remember Me?

 I don't think we have ever been to John Boys Country Buffet that we did not run into someone we know. This evening, before we even got seated I heard somebody say "Eddie!"

I looked up and it was my first cousin Bobby Crain. He told me recently ran into another first cousin, Don Hunter, not Dick's son, but Doug's son. He told me he also had lunch the other day with my friend Jackie Gaskin. I asked him how does he know Jackie Gaskin. He said they both own antique cars. I suppose they go to antique car meets or something.
After Bobby left in walked about 6 or 8 women in their 60s. One of them recognized me. She was a Postal Carrier where I worked. She told me retired. She worked around my name, I could tell she was avoiding using my name because she couldn't remember it. Then, another lady in her 60s, who was also a postal carrier came in. She was more honest, she just came out told me she forgot my name, what was it? I told her, and she said she remembered it as soon as I said it. I think there were probably other female postal retirees in the bunch, but sincet those two have aged since I last saw them so I imagine there were more there I didn't recognize. But I kidded the two I talked to about not remembering my name.
The funny part about, which might dawn on them later, I didn't say their name, because I forgot theirs!
No photo description available.
Glynda Gilbert Blanton, Twyla Kaedan Lassiter Holloway and 8 others
3 Comments
3 Shares
Share

No comments: