Monday, August 23, 2021

Cultivating a Talent

 


Willow and I were coming back from our walk a few minutes ago when I heard a loud belch from the house across the street. Then, a man's voice, "I didn't do it right."
Another man's voice said, "No no, you have to do it like this..." And he let out a loud belch that may have been fortified with liquid, it sounded something giant wild swine barking a mating call.
I determined from the sounds and voices were coming from the 2nd floor balcony. A big tree prevented me from seeing them and hopefully it also prevented them from seeing me.
It reminds me of a time back in grammar school Van Callaway and I were working on making our burps and belches louder and maybe with some pep to them. Quality burping was our goal. Van's neighbor, Donald Earwood, a few years older, could burp anytime he wanted to and as loud as he wanted to. We always admire Don, he was witty and always seemed to have control over things, especially his burps. We went to see him for some burping advice.
"Eat plenty of olives." Don told us.
"Eat plenty of olives?" we asked, making sure that is what he said.
"Yep!" He confirmed what he had said.
We bought a jar of olives and tried it and it just didn't work for us. I suppose we didn't have what it takes.

0 Comments

No comments: