Friday, October 09, 2020

Thoughts about the Presidential Debate


I noticed on the Vice President debate that both opponents instead of answering an incriminating question used their time to change the subject about something incriminating on the other side.

Also I think Pence, as Trump, did not try to stay in their time allotted at all.  It was an unenforceable rule and they knew it, either that or maybe Republicans at an early age are taught that rules are not meant for them.

Giving credit where credit is due:  I think it is fair to say Vice President Pence was more gentlemanly than his boss.

Trump said he will not attend the 2nd Presidential Debate, a virtual debate would be a waste of his time.  I don’t think he is able to do a virtual debate, that is not his style.  Instead of asking and answering civil questions I noticed in past debates he might walk behind his opponent and stand inches from her.  Or he might interrupt every thing his opponent says, or ask personal downgrading personal questions about his opponents immediate family.

I think he does all that to intimidate his opponent.  I did not know the same rules apply as in a wrestling match.

art by Jack Davis, in MAD Magazine 


No comments: