Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Gary McGee the DJ Lives!

 

About a year ago I was sitting in a doctor’s waiting room and I overheard a male new patient at the counter.  The receptionist asked the man his name and he said Gary McKee.

“Gary McKee?!”  I thought.

Over 20 years ago Gary McKee was one of the top Dj’s in the Atlanta area.   He was on he air primetime morning commuting time on WQXI.  Also, his sidekick Yetta Levette. I had a hard time keeping up with Gary McKee and his prime time competitor Skinny Bobby Harper.  They both did outrageous funny things.

The lady behind the counter gave him some forms to fill out.  He went and sat down.  It is not a big room. 

I told him I couldn’t help from hearing his name was Gary Mckee.  “The radio Gary McKee?”  I asked.

He smiled and proudly nodded.   I bet he gets that a lot.

I gave him my “Chicken-Fat” blog card.  He said he would look at it.  I think he was just being kind, I don’t think he ever did.


No comments: