Thursday, October 15, 2020

Allatoona Dam Memories

 


This is an interesting  bottle cap of a malted chocolate beverage.  Because of its name and emblem I took another look.  A dam?  Allatona Dam?   Well!  I never heard of it.

I find out every day just because I never heard of it does is not proof it doesn’t exis.

The bottle cap also brought back memories of the Dam and the Etowah River  On the north west side of the damn is a huge almost straight up embankment whlich one end of the dam is built onto.  I

In my teen years a few of us climbed up embankment we.  We had to hold on to small trees and bushes.  It wore us out.  When we got to the top overlooking the dam we were breathless.

Why did we do it?  Ego?  Or because it was there?   
No.  The real reason is that if I didn’t  I was afraid someone would get behind me, fold their arms, flap them, and squawk like a chicken.  


No comments: