Monday, October 05, 2020

Teenage History of these Cross-Roads


 

Remember the Georgia Drive-In Theater?  It was on what is now the campus of Kennesaw State College.  Also in the picture is Clay Street Crossing the 4-lane, and probably  a slice of Pine Forest Apartments, the Bowling Alley, and I’m not sure Hodge rothers Army Store was there yet or not.

 

Back to Georgia Drive-In: 

When I worked for the Big Apple after I would get off on weekends it was a good fun social place to go, it was a good place to run into friends.

Once Jenky Latimer went.  What was on that night was a good movie, I forgot what.   Right at the serious important part Jenky drove his very identifier car down front, turned around to face all the cars and turned on his brights.  All the cars blew their horns and we got the hell out of there, we already saw the movie anyhow.

Another adventure.  Once Monty Calhoun and I were in a car driving north on the 4-Lane.  A car with 4 boys about our age rode by and shot us birds.  Somehow we identified them as Sprayberry High School boys and I think they identified us as Marietta High School Boys.

We began to chase them.  Finally, the red light at the 4-Lane and Clay Street stopped them.  We jumped out and dared them to come out.  We even rocked their car.  All 4 boys innocently looked straight ahead.

When the light changed, they sped off.  And I was very relieved.  WHEW! 

If they had stepped out of the car, they would have seen me, I don’t know about Monty, run like hell.

No comments: