Sunday, May 10, 2020

What Did I Do This Time?





WHOOPS!  The Gig is up!  Caught again!  But caught doing what?  What did I do this time? (a phrase I often repeated).

My blog Chicken-fat.Com has a little inner check on things selection.  I key in Stats and it tells me how many people visited chicken-fat each day for about for the previous year or so (I’m not sure how far it goes back) and in detail each person for the past day or so.   In the past day or so it will tell me details I have no business knowing, for instance each visitor’s state; city; zip code;  how many minutes they spent studying the blog post; how many visits previously they have visited; and probably more I cannot think of.

I usually average between 45 and 400 visits a day, mostly slightly over 100.  It doesn’t really matter, I am just curious, that is all.

This morning I routinely checked the statistics and the visit numbers were unusually high.   And they were all from the U.S. Department of Justice.  They all had one thing in common:  On what I had on  Harvey Kurtzman and Will Elder. 

The late Harvey Kurtzman created MAD comicbook and he was also very gifted satirical writer.  The late Will Elder was a very gifted artists that complemented Kurtzman’s writings.  They had a life-long career complementing each other’s works.

I latched on them as a fan in the early 1950s and have not let go yet.    And I do have a lot about them on my blog chicken-fat.com which their on-line searches prove.

I feel towards Harvey and Will the same as Charley Brown felt about the Little Girl in Red:  “I wouldn’t say I have a crush on  the Little Girl In Red, I just mildly worship the ground she walks on”.

And I would also like to ask, “Is being a comic fan a Federal Crime?”



No comments: