Tuesday, May 12, 2020

i got mine!



"I GOT MINE!" has a story behind it.

Years ago when I was a clerk at the Post Office, where I worked, if I remember correctly, they re-organized.  They abolished all jobs, and reposted   similar jobs.  So, our jobs were abolished and we bid for the new jobs. 

Our supervisor told us who got what was posted on the board.  He went on to say that we had too much mail to distribute for everybody to go up and look to see what each person got.  He picked one person, Barbara, to go up and look on the board and write down all the jobs and who got what and come back and tell us all.

See did, we could see her looking at the board and writing something down.

She came back and told us what job she got and what her new off days would be.  We asked her about the rest of us.  She had no idea, she said she went to the board to find her name.  We asked her why didn't she write them all down.  Her answer was something like "I GOT MINE!"


No comments: