Thursday, December 12, 2019

Success of Rcokwell








This is my grandson and his mother, a.k.a. Mama, a.k.a. my daughter-in-law Sabrina. 

My grandson's middle name is Rockwell.  Why "Rockwell"?   You might ask.
Well, I'll tell you, when his father was born we thought he was going to be a girl and had baby girl clothes and deco.  He was born a boy.  Somehow, I forgot, it was up to me name him.  I named him after my nickname in high school "Rockwell" Tyson Hunter.  Tyson is mm middle name (my father's mother's maiden name)  He goes by "Rock".
You might ask "so how come you got the name Rock?"
OK. OK, I'll tell you.
In the 8th grade a new kid came in our class.  His last name is Crane, I forgot his first name.
At lunch break I jokingly called him Icabald as in Incbald Crane.  I was just joking but to him he was the new boy and I was making fun of him. 

He was much taller than I so I don't think he thought of me as challenge.  No problem.  He was tall and skinny, another reason I called him Icabad Crane, the school teracher in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

He came at me swinging with rage in his eyes.

He was swigging with no form, his arms with balled up fists were flopping around all over.  He didn't know about "guarding"  So, I popped him in the face, bloodying his nose.  He ran off the field.  I don't remember seeing him after that.

That week in downtown Marietta at the STRAND Theater  was showing WILL SUCCESS SPOIL ROCK HUNTER? staring Tony Randall and Jayne Mansfield.

A bunch of boys that was always hanging out on the baseball field at lunch time.   The late Jackie Turner said "Will Success Spoiled Rock Hunter?"  And the name caught.


No comments: