Thursday, December 12, 2019





Occasionally, I think here I am 78 years old and I have a lot of knowledge stored in my head and think it is not right that I don't get to share it.
Then something happens that I do get to share some of it. For instance I was a Postal Scheme Examiner when I was employed by the Postal Service for the last ten or so years. I took pride of knowing every street in Marietta. But all those 6000 plus streets in Marietta will just have to do without my knowledge since I retired. But occasionally Anna will asked me about the location of a street. Just the other day she asked me where a certain street is. She read in the paper that the residents of that street go all out for Christmas decorations every year. When she asked me I jumped into action and told her and told her several ways we could get there.
And today at PT I overheard two technicians talk about their benefits and requirements to qualified. One of the techs said management told her she would have get 2000 something hours in first before reaching a level. "Why 2000 and something?" she wailed.
A beam shined from the heavens and a deep thunderous voice said, "You are on Eddie!"
I interrupted their conversation and said, "The number is 2080!"
One of them asked how would I know that. I said 2080 is the magic number of work hours for a year. 52 week multiplies by 40 hours a week equals 2080. I told them I used to be a timekeeper in the Postal Service in Atlanta.
One of therm said, "Eddie, you are full of information!"
I beamed.
Another thing interesting: The other day we were near POPEYE's, across from Wallmark. So we decided to drop in to see if they had the new POPEYE's Famous Chicken Sandwich. Before there have been double lines around POPEYE's on Barrack Parkway because of their new chicken sandwich. This day we walked right in to the counter.
I ordered the spicy version and Anna ordered the regular. The sandwiches were pretty good, but not good enough to stand in line that wrapped around the building. I bet all those people that stood in line only stood in a POPEYE line one time.
My wife Anna:
 My opinion the draw for Popeye’s is in the breading. It’s almost like a tempura batter. They don’t make it spicy or salty. They only add a sauce if you ask for that version. It was pretty good, but they really need to clean up the place. Second store that was like that. Chick-fil-a has them beat there.

No comments: