Saturday, December 14, 2019

Strained Insincere Smile



A friend of mine told me her club is going to Golden Coral and exchange gifts there.  That reminded me of he last time we went  there, and passed my thoughts on to her:

The last time we went to Golden Corral i remember a new young floor manager had just started.  I think his job was to gently drop by each table, thank them for coming and ask them how they are enjoying their meal and and so on.  This guy had a big phony smile on his face and had an invisible sign on him that every body could read that said PICK ON ME!   Everybody he greeted they would want him to do something, like go get therm more napkins, or another chicken breast, or a fork, or the silverware was dirty and so on.  People kept him hopping but he did not lose his phony insincere smile.  One time I saw him go into the kitchen and he left quickly with somebody within the kitchen angrily shouting at him, and as he quickly shut the door the screaming stopped and he still had that big phony smile on his strained face.  

I wonder if he is still there?

No comments: