Saturday, August 10, 2019

What's In a Name?



When I hear the name Wendy I think of the teenage big sister of the household Peter Pan went inside chasing his shadow.

Or I did think of the Peter Pan Wendy..  Now I think of another girl.

At the Post Office about 25 or 30 years ago several new people were hired to do the grunt jobs.  After a few weeks the new people felt more like they were in familiar surroundings and began to kid around and be themselves.

One young lady was fresh out of high school and we had a friend in common.  Her Paulding County school bus driver, Linda, is a friend of mine,  Small world.

I forgot this young lady's name.  The reason I cannot remember her real name is one day, showing off pretended to gracefully kick an invisible football.  She held the invisible ball up about even with her chest and dropped it and kicked it.  Her leg gracefully went up with her toes pointing to the ceiling.
Then with her leg pointed upward she accidentally popped out a one-syllable fart.  It was like a short pop!

Everybody heard it.

From then on her name was Wendy.

No comments: