Friday, August 02, 2019

Dora Hunter Spiva




c2007. Franklin Hunter and Dora Hunter Spiva (1905-2009) at a Hunter Reunion near Blairsville, Georgia, at Tommy Alexander's Track Rock Campground. Dora was about 103 when I took this picture. She always called me by my name. A neighbor, Jim 
bout 103 when I took this picture. She always called me by my name. A neighbor, Jim Reece, was a student of hers. He said at every high school reunion she was there and knew everybody's name. I told her niece who was her caretaker that memory was remarkable. She shooed off the statement like swatting a gnat and said, "Don't let that fool you, the night before reunions she studies their pictures."
Once I saw a Hunter relative show Dora her granddaughter and added, "Some people say she looks just like me."
Dora bent over and studied the baby and said, "That is the ugliest baby I have ever seen!" She had a great wit too.
She lived 104 years.

No comments: