Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Jerry Would Be 77







On Thursday, April the 26th, my first cousin, the late Jerry Hunter, would be celebrating his 77th year, if he was still alive.

Jerry was a F-105 pilot in the Air Force.  in Vietnam.  On his 34th mission he was shot down, losing is life May 25, 1966, at age 25.
Jerry was born about two and half months before me.


Another Hunter first cousin called me today and we had a nice enjoyable long talk.  We ended the conversation with this thought: 

 He said something like this, “Why do good people like Jerry live such a sort life, when a piece of work like me live so long?”

I told him I saw Jerry’s father  “Bus” looking at me and by his expression was  probably thinking close to  the same thing.

1st row: Vickie Crain and Frances Hunter
2nd row: Jerry Hunter, Bobby Crain, and Eddie Hunter
Back:  Jimmy Crain




No comments: