Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Return of Sarah C. Moody Tyson

Note - This is a blog I dug out of Chicken'fat's archives.  I just brought it up to the surface to get a breath of fresh air and give it a little editing and face lift.   The reason I brought it up, is this past Saturday I was at the Conn's Creek Church cemetery near Ball Ground, Ga., the old stomping grounds of Sarah Moody.





This tin-type is my great-great grandmother Sarah C. Moody Tyson (1815-1895). She was born in South Carolina and died in Cherokee County, Georgia. She was the second of ten children of Allen Nancy Murphy Moody. I think she spent her formative years in Ball Ground, Cherokee County, Ga. 

She married Robert Cabel Tyson (1821-1864) on September 3, 1843, and they had eight children.

She looks like she may have been Indian.

I know Ball Ground was named Ball Ground because it is where the Indians met and played ball.  Now it is a place of unique restaurants and to go antiquing.

No comments: