Tuesday, July 29, 2014

This Day in History: July 29, 2014, the last PLAYBOY closed







On this date in  1988 Last US Playboy Club (Lansing Mich) closes.  I did not make it to the Playboy in Lansing, Michigan for their closing.   Although I could have, as far as being admitted.   We had a PLAYBOY KEY holder's card, in our pr-K era. 

We have been to PLAYBOY Clubs in Atlanta, New Orleans, New York, Miami, and maybe Chicago - they all blend in after a while.    I know a girl I grew up from the Manget/Glover Street
neighborhood  who was a PLAYBOY Bunny.  My sister  saw her a few years ago working the cash register at a convenience store.  

  That gives you an idea of your long-range future with the PLAYBOY CLUB back in the early 1970s.

About the only memory I have of an actual event, we were in the ATLANTA PLAYBOY CLUB  one night and saw Sally Kellerman perform with a country western band.  I was loaded enough to go over and talk to her.   I told her I enjoyed her as Hot Lips Houlihan  in M*A*S*H.  Surprisingly, she was friendly  and talkative. 

But getting back to just how much I missed the PLAYBOY CLUBS I didn't even know they were closed.

No comments: