Friday, July 11, 2014

TANKS!



The GeeDunk was in the basement of the building with the green roof


I just wrote a friend a Thank-you note.  Partly, this is what I said:

Thanking you reminds me of a Jewish cashier at the GeeDunk at the NAS Lakehurst, New Jersey.  

In the mornings, instead of eating at the chow hall, if we had the time we would eat a pastry and drink a coffee at the GeeDunk.  I know the cashier was Jewish because she had a number tattooed on her hand or wrist, I forgot which.  

We loved to pay her just to listen to her give us the change back.  She would count the change out, coin by coin, with an accent in  a countdown fashion, which almost sounded like a bouncy song, and at the end she would cheerfully say, "TANK YOU!" in a musical tone.  It was music to our ears.


TANK you for TINKING  of me.

No comments: