Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Got an Award!!! Merry Christmas!!!



I want to thank the National Eddie Hunter Blog Award Association for awarding me the annual THE BEST BLOG EVER AWARD. That is the best Christmas present ever! I really appreciate it.

Here is the letter they sent me to congratulate me:

Dear Mr. Eddie Hunter,

As CEO of the national Eddie Hunter Greatest Blog Ever Annual Award I want to be the first to congratulate you for winning this year’s annual award, The Best Blog Ever.

Of course you won it last year and the year before, and in all likelihood you will win it next year. Keep up the good work.

And before anybody thinks out loud that the name of the winner and the name of the award and the name of the committee are the same next me assure you that I was completely impartial when I judged… a lesson I took from watching Republicans and Democrats.

Let me read to you Mr. Hunter what the plaque says: Again, you have been awarded the Best Blog Ever award by our impartial committee of one. As you know to qualify you have to live within certain geographically boundaries, in this case on the north side of the Street of Corene Drive Marietta, Georgia. Your competitors this year was Jim, your 87 year old neighbor on one side and Kathleen, your 88 year old neighbor on the other side. Frankly, Mr. Hunter we thought one of your neighbors would probably win and the other one come in second, but then we discovered neither one had a computer, so it looks like you win by default…. And Kathleen came in second because she has an answering machine and knows how to use it.

Congratulations again Mr. Eddie Hunter until the competition begins next year.

Sincerely,

Eddie Hunter
CEO of the EDDIE HUNTER BEST BLOG EVER Award Committee.

Wow! This makes my Christmas the best.

Also, the Eddie Hunter Blog Award Association wanted me to remind you that we cannot give these incentive awards without your donations. Please send plenty of money so we can keep up this worthy event.

11 comments:

Southern Muse said...

Eddie, you are too funny! But don't even TRY to pretend you are more technologically challenged than I. I am officially a STONE-AGE DINOSAUR. (With a blog, nevertheless.)

P.S., congrats on the award!

Eddie said...

Deborah,
Technologically challenged? If it wasn't for my two sons I would still be looking for the ON button.

Jean Campbell said...

Merry Christmas, Eddie. The best awards are the ones you give yourself. You can be sure it wasn't passed along from somewhere else, without thought or effort.

Here's a link, I think, to something that reminded me of you. The blog has a link to more of these.

Christmas Graphic

Eddie said...

Thank you Jean,

Yep, if you received an award from yourself you can pretty be assured it came from the heart.
And thanks for the link. I'll study it more later when this Christmas business drifts on by.

Anonymous said...

Checks in the mail.

Eddie said...

Johnny,
Check is in the mail huh? U.S. Postal mail? gulp!

Barry said...

My cheque is in the mail, Eddie!

And congratulations on winning this prestigious award.

Eddie said...

Thank you Barry!

And you have two very nicely visual and "it's-own-drummer" blogs yourself. I think you could have won this very prestigious award, if you lived within the geographical requirements.... too bad!"

Carolyn said...

Congrats on that. Hey, that's worth a Merry Christmas, lol!!

Eddie said...

Thanks Carolyn!
I can't wait until next year and win something bigger and more prestigious!
I have an inside scoop from the Eddie Hunter Award committee that I stand a good chance of winning then too.

kenju said...

Have a very Merry Christmas, Eddie, while you bask in the glory of your award!!