Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rush Whour


There are two or three RUSH HOUR movies out staring Jackie Chan and Tom Wilkinson. They are uniquely named RUSH HOUR, RUSH HOUR II, and maybe RUSH HOUR III.

I am not sure what the RUSH HOUR movies about, I never watched one from beginning to end. I know there are a whole lot of high energy fighting from all sorts of heights and moving equipment. I know Jackie Chan and Tom Wilkinson are the good cops, maybe for different agencies, and the guys they are fighting off like flies are the bad guys. I guess that is all I need to know.

While channel surfing the other week, too sick to do anything else, I came upon this scene which cracked me up. It almost rates up there with Abbot and Costello’s “Who’s On First?” routine.

Jackie and Tom have a bad guy tied to a chair interrogating him. I need to point out some things here. Jackie is Asian; Tom is black; and the bad guy is also Asian.

When they start interrogating him they realize he does not speak English, he only speaks French. Jackie and Tom find a translator who is a elderly nun.

Tom asks the buy guy a question and the nun speaks to him in French. He says something hateful and she turns around and says, “I’m afraid he called you the “N” word sir.”

Tom: “He what…? That mother F….” (then remembers he is talking to a nun) says, “Tell him his mother is a H!”

Jackie: “You mean his mother is a W…..”

Tom, “You sure?… ok, tell’em that!” to the nun.

The bad guy spits out some more hatred in French. The nun says, “I’m afraid he called you the “N” word again, sir.”

Then he insulted Jackie and Jackie gets mad. Jackie says, “Tell him he is a A. W.!”

The nun says, “I’m pretty sure that is ‘A. H.’ sir.”

Maybe you would have to had been there.

2 comments:

kenju said...

That IS funny and I didn't have to see it in person!! LOL

Eddie said...

Judy,
See? I saved you the price of a ticket and a bucket of popcorn (refills free)