Thursday, June 26, 2008

John F. Kennedy Space Center postcard


I remember touring this Lakehurst, NJ-hangar-like building twice. Once BK and once AK. Each time the guide explained how the giant rocket came in the giant doors on something similar to RR tracks, and they did the final touches to it, then it would leave, also by rail, to the launch site at a very slow speed. I forgot what speed, but something very slow.

I wonder if the tour guide remembered me nodding my head like I understood what he was talking about…. And, if so, why did I come back for the same thing?

On the back it says:

"NASA Apollo Saturn V, 500 F. facility vehicle enroute from NASA'S vehicle assembly building to launch complex 39A."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh? Where's the postcard? I could be missing something here. I did have one(s) too many bourbon and waters last evening.

Eddie said...

A,

Opps!

Or on second thought, you had too much rot-gut whiskey last night. After a few cups of coffee you can now see the postcard - right?

Anonymous said...

Wow mannnn! It's getting clearer now... Thanks