Monday, October 30, 2023

MAD on ANTIQUE ROAD SHOW

 

This evening we were watching THE ANTIQUE ROAD SHOW and nodded off.  About a minute after I nodded off, Anna woke me up to ask me a question.

Then I was back awake.  Sitting there watching THE ANTIQUE ROAD SHOW again, about 2 to 3 minutes after being awake a large sheet of white cartoon sheet was being presented.  I double focused. 

The hard sheets of white cartoonist paper was the original drawing of FRANKENSTEIN,  written by editor Harvey Kurtzman and drawn by MAD’s original artist, Will Elder (my hero).  It was in MAD COMICBOOK #8.

The expert on hand knew quiet a bit about the history of MAD COMIC and MAD MAGAZINE.  He explained the demand for original MAD art and went on to explain the original art they held on their hands was worth thousands of big bucks. 

$$$$$ Bottom line.

What I am amazed over was the timing.  I was just incidentally, unrelated to MAD, was awaken, just in time to see the part of the road show about MAD Comicbook!

fI was meant to be!  Destiny!




No comments: