Monday, October 16, 2023

Awww Shucks!

 

My Good Deed for today.

Today at Costco I saw a middle-age woman pushing her shopping cart, pretty much full, by us.  She had just paid for it and was walking studying her receipt. 

Her tan wallet fell to the floor.  Apparently, she did not realize it had just fallen, she kept on walking studying her receipt tape.  I don’t think anybody else noticed the fallen purse either.  I leaped through a cluster of people to get to her.  I called at her and she did not notice me.  So, I leaped in front of her face and said, “Mam !”

She looked up.  Her expression was surprised and disgusted.  “What kind of con is this old man trying to do to me?”  She looked like she was thinking.

I said, “Your wallet…”  And I pointed at it.  It was light tan, very identifiable.  Her mouth dropped and she left her cart and ran back to get it.  By her expression to me she was very grateful.

Another lady saw it all.  She told me I had a sharp eye.

Aww Shucks!

No comments: